In the first half of the year, U.S. alternative meat, egg, and dairy companies raised 14% more—more than $850 million—than they had raised in the entirety of 2019, which was also a record-breaking year, according to the Good Food Institute, an organization that tracks the industry. “Cultivated” or “cell-based” meat companies, growing food from animal cells, raised 417% more than in all of 2019. In part, it’s a continuation of a long-term trend. If you are thinking about starting your own alternative protein company then this session is a must-attend! Join Christian Cadeo, Managing Partner, and Dr. Dalal AlGhawas, Program Director of Big Idea Ventures.
- Jellatech lands $3.5m to produce collagen without having to ‘mine the animal’
- Bee-Free Honey MeliBio Wins Food Replacement Innovation Of The Year at AgTech Breakthrough Awards
- World Plant-Based Innovation Awards 2023: Shortlist announced
- Nutropy Won i-Lab Grand Prix
- Väcka’s Cheeses Launch at Carrefour Spain After Winning Plant Based Contest