Big Idea Ventures (BIV), the global leader in early-stage investments in the alternative protein sector, is very excited to announce that the Big Idea Food Competition (BIFC) is now open to six countries throughout Asia, in partnership with Informa Markets!
BIFC is an initiative focused on building new entrepreneurial ecosystems, identifying world-class talent and investing in the future of food entrepreneurs across Asia. It will bring together corporates, food leaders, experts and investors working in the alternative protein sector across the region.
All entrepreneurs and startups creating plant-based products in the participating countries are invited to register for the challenge. The top 5 companies in each country will be pitching their product ideas to an esteemed panel of local judges made up of industry professionals and experts in the field.
The winner of each country will then travel to Singapore in early 2023 to compete for the Grand Prize of a US$200,000 investment package and automatic inclusion into Big Idea Venture’s Cohort #8 accelerator program based in Singapore!
‘We are incredibly excited to be pioneering the first competition dedicated to plant-based innovation in Asia. With the Big Idea Ventures Food Competition we will not only discover great new alternative protein talents and companies but we will also bring more awareness than ever to the space. We encourage all plant-based and fermentation-based startups across Asia to apply and join us in this incredible journey!’ said Andrew D. Ive, Founder and Managing General Partner of Big Idea Ventures.
The six countries where the competition is being held include:
- Singapore at Food & Hotel Asia on the 5th of Sept, 2022
- Japan as a virtual event on the 5th of Oct, 2022
- South Korea as a virtual event on the 19th of Oct, 2022
- Thailand as a virtual event on the 2nd of Nov, 2022
- China at Shanghai Hi & Fi Expo on the 9th of Nov, 2022
- Indonesia as a virtual event on the 23rd of Nov, 2022
- Event Finals in Singapore as physical event in April 2023
All virtual events will be supported by Saladplate, an Informa Markets’ company, which brings together the hospitality, food & beverage industry’s best suppliers and buyers to engage, experience and build business connections.
- Plant-based and/or fermentation-based startups
- Companies must have their business registered in one of the participating countries
- Pre-seed and seed stage companies only
- No institutional investments (less than USD$100,000) on cap table
- Startup must have pilot product, safe to consume and tested
- Must have enough product to test and ultimately present during competition
- Should not already be a Big Idea Ventures portfolio company whether now or anytime before the BIFC grand finals in April of 2023.
You can apply now by completing this form to compete in BIFC and you might be the one to represent your country in the finals next year!
Click here to find out more about BIFC and how you can be a part of the innovative work taking place in the alternative protein sector in Asia, whether you are an entrepreneur, startup, corporate or just someone who is interested in the space!