Vegans and environmentalists alike are buzzing about a California-based start-up using fermentation to make honey without bees. MeliBio has raised 850 thousand dollars in pre-seed funding for its technology and says it’s aiming to disrupt the potentially destructive effects of the traditional honey industry. Darko Mandich, the company’s CEO and co-founder, joined BNN Bloomberg to walk us through his company’s honey-making process.
- Jellatech Debuts Cell-Based Human Collagen As Investigation Links Industry to Deforestation
- BIV Named #1 Agri Food Tech Investor Globally in AgFunder Investment Report
- Nanocellulose Material, Our Petroleum-based Packaging Savior?
- Why Female Representation & Diversity in Food Tech is Essential
- Big Idea Ventures Announces Follow On Investment in Vacka