Vegans and environmentalists alike are buzzing about a California-based start-up using fermentation to make honey without bees. MeliBio has raised 850 thousand dollars in pre-seed funding for its technology and says it’s aiming to disrupt the potentially destructive effects of the traditional honey industry. Darko Mandich, the company’s CEO and co-founder, joined BNN Bloomberg to walk us through his company’s honey-making process.
- Standing Ovation Raises €12M for Animal-Free Casein Production
- Why Consumers Are Shifting To Alternative Seafood
- Plant power: Asian plant-based start-up scene expected to grow 25% by 2025
- Precision Fermentation Startup Nutropy Raises €2 Million for Sustainable French Cheese
- Mushroom Meat Co. Wins Best Meat Alternative at World Plant Based Awards 2022