After the birth of his daughter, award-winning chef Alejandro Cancino had a decision to make. To stay in the restaurant world, or to take the plunge and start his own business, to try and bring veganism into the mainstream. With three hats to his name, he set to work and founded Fenn Foods, the plant-based manufacturing company and creators behind meat alternative vEEF. In this episode Alejandro sits down to talk about his journey, what it’s like owning your own facility, the benefits and struggles of bootstrapping, as well as the importance of resourcefulness. We also cover how to make tough financial decisions and questions to ask yourself to make sure you’re on the right path for you and your business.
- Jellatech Debuts Cell-Based Human Collagen As Investigation Links Industry to Deforestation
- BIV Named #1 Agri Food Tech Investor Globally in AgFunder Investment Report
- Nanocellulose Material, Our Petroleum-based Packaging Savior?
- Why Female Representation & Diversity in Food Tech is Essential
- Big Idea Ventures Announces Follow On Investment in Vacka