Makers of plant-based meat are eyeing China as a top market, given its massive population and appetite for meat. American firm Beyond Meat is building two factories near Shanghai, going head-to-head against homegrown Chinese firms. Linette Lim reports on the growing interest in plant-based diets in China.
- Big Idea Ventures renames New Protein Fund II as Global Food Innovation Fund II
- Generation Food Rural Partners Acquires DisSolves, Inc.
- Multus Unveils World’s First Commercial-Scale Serum-Free Growth Media Facility
- Spain’s Cocuus Plans to Produce 1,000 Tonnes of 3D Printed Plant-Based Bacon in 2024
- MeliBio rolls out plant-based alternative in Austria and Switzerland with ALDI