INVEST WITH BIG IDEA VENTURES
Big Idea Ventures invests in some of the most exciting companies in the food category globally through our accelerators and through follow on investments at subsequent stages. The plant-based and cell-based food categories are some of the most interesting on the planet.
Invest in our Companies: External investors are encouraged to invest alongside Big Idea Ventures after our limited Partners. We invite VCs, angels, corporate VCs & strategic investors to contact us to gain access to our later-stage Big Idea Ventures-affiliated companies raising capital.
Invest in our Funds: Big Idea Ventures invests in some of the most exciting companies across the food industry. We manage two funds - the New Protein Fund is focused on seed stage plant-based and cell-based food, ingredient and technology companies. Second, Generation Food is focused on later stage food technology companies involved in the Supply Chain, CO2 Footprint, Waste, Water and Packaging. Contact us if you have an interest in fund-level (Limited Partner) investment by filling out the form below.
To learn more about Big Idea Ventures, to receive invitations to our investor-only demo days, or to invest directly in our startups, please provide the following information. Our investor relations team will review your request and follow up if an appropriate offering is available. Note that to invest in Big Idea Ventures managed funds or into privately held companies, you must be an accredited investor**
** In order to invest in BIV’s funds or directly into BIV’s privately held companies, you need to meet the SEC’s criteria for accredited investor status. The accreditation verification process will be focused on either your annual income or net worth (for individuals). As an individual, you can qualify as an accredited investor by either (a) having more than $200,000 in annual income for each of the past two years (or $300,000 with your spouse) and a reasonable expectation of earning the same this year or (b) having a net worth of at least $1 million (not including your principal residence).
This website and the related investment and verification platform (together, the “Website”) is intended for “U.S. persons” only (as defined in Rule 902(k) promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended). The Website and the material contained therein does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of interest to purchase any securities or investment advisory services in any country or jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not permitted by law.
For purposes of such Rule 902(k), “U.S. person” means:
- Any natural person resident in the United States;
- Any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States;
- Any estate of which any executor or administrator is a U.S. person;
- Any trust of which any trustee is a U.S. person;
- Any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the United States;
- Any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a U.S. person;
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States; and
Any partnership or corporation if:
- Organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction; and
- Formed by a U.S. person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the Act, unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned, by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501(a)) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts.
The following are not “U.S. persons”:
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held for the benefit or account of a non-U.S. person by a dealer or other professional fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States;
- Any estate of which any professional fiduciary acting as executor or administrator is a U.S. person if:
- An executor or administrator of the estate who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the assets of the estate; and
- The estate is governed by foreign law;
- Any trust of which any professional fiduciary acting as trustee is a U.S. person, if a trustee who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the trust assets, and no beneficiary of the trust (and no settlor if the trust is revocable) is a U.S. person;
- An employee benefit plan established and administered in accordance with the law of a country other than the United States and customary practices and documentation of such country;
- Any agency or branch of a U.S. person located outside the United States if:
- The agency or branch operates for valid business reasons; and
- The agency or branch is engaged in the business of insurance or banking and is subject to substantive insurance or banking regulation, respectively, in the jurisdiction where located; and
- The International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the United Nations, and their agencies, affiliates and pension plans, and any other similar international organizations, their agencies, affiliates and pension plans.