Big Idea Ventures invests in some of the most exciting companies in the food category globally through our accelerators and later stage funds.
Invest in our Companies: External investors are encouraged to invest alongside Big Idea Ventures after our Limited Partners. We invite VCs, angels, corporate VCs & strategic investors to contact us to gain access to our later-stage Big Idea Ventures-affiliated companies raising capital.
Invest in our Funds: Big Idea Ventures invests in some of the most exciting companies across the food industry. There are currently 2 funds open for investments.
– New Protein Fund II which is focused on seed stage plant-based and cell-based food, ingredient and technology companies.
– Generation Food Rural Partners Fund which commercialises university-developed intellectual property focused on food, protein, and agriculture innovation.
Contact us if you have an interest in fund-level (Limited Partner) investment by filling out the form below. Our investor relations team will review your request and follow up if an appropriate offering is available. Note that to invest in Big Idea Ventures managed funds or into privately held companies, you must be an accredited investor**.
If you are interested in a curated deal flow within the food technology sector meeting your specific goals, or if you would like to tap into BIV’s global network of institutional and strategic investors for capital formation, please reach out to Andrew.
This website and the related investment and verification platform (together, the “Website”) is intended for “U.S. persons” only (as defined in Rule 902(k) promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended). The Website and the material contained therein does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of interest to purchase any securities or investment advisory services in any country or jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not permitted by law.
For purposes of such Rule 902(k), “U.S. person” means:
- Any natural person resident in the United States;
- Any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States;
- Any estate of which any executor or administrator is a U.S. person;
- Any trust of which any trustee is a U.S. person;
- Any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the United States;
- Any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a U.S. person;
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States; and
Any partnership or corporation if:
- Organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction; and
- Formed by a U.S. person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the Act, unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned, by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501(a)) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts.
The following are not “U.S. persons”:
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held for the benefit or account of a non-U.S. person by a dealer or other professional fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States;
- Any estate of which any professional fiduciary acting as executor or administrator is a U.S. person if:
- An executor or administrator of the estate who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the assets of the estate; and
- The estate is governed by foreign law;
- Any trust of which any professional fiduciary acting as trustee is a U.S. person, if a trustee who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the trust assets, and no beneficiary of the trust (and no settlor if the trust is revocable) is a U.S. person;
- An employee benefit plan established and administered in accordance with the law of a country other than the United States and customary practices and documentation of such country;
- Any agency or branch of a U.S. person located outside the United States if:
- The agency or branch operates for valid business reasons; and
- The agency or branch is engaged in the business of insurance or banking and is subject to substantive insurance or banking regulation, respectively, in the jurisdiction where located; and
- The International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the United Nations, and their agencies, affiliates and pension plans, and any other similar international organizations, their agencies, affiliates and pension plans.