Available Job Postings
Positions available with our Portfolio Companies
Big Idea Ventures Marketing Junior Associate-- Fall/Winter 2020
About Big Idea Ventures: We are a seed stage venture capital fund and startup accelerator focused on plant-based food and alternative protein startups. We launched our first accelerator cohorts in New York and Singapore in October 2019. Our two largest investors are Tyson Ventures and the Singaporean government through Temasek.
Learn more at https://bigideaventures.com/.
Start Date: ASAP; potential to continue into spring and following semesters.
Location: Virtual for the time being, 88 Pine St in Manhattan post-vaccine.
Hours: Part-time (10 hours/week minimum). Exact hours flexible.
Compensation: Unpaid. Transportation reimbursement available once in-person work resumes. Class credit also available if offered by your school.
Perks: Exposure to emerging food tech companies and market trends. Close-knit startup culture and community. All workshops and talks are open for you to attend. A fun mix of experiences that are both qualitative and quantitative. Great experience for moving into general finance, food, and entrepreneurship careers. Netflix may be filming a reality tv style docu-series about us this year :))
- Work with the team to create and implement a global marketing strategy for the Big Idea Ventures brand.
- Assist in managing and increasing engagement across all social channels including the creation, planning, scheduling, and posting of content. Includes the following social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Create call-to-action content, engaging copy, eye-grabbing social assets and flyers/notices as needed.
- Quantitatively analyze performance and identify areas of improvement for Big Idea Ventures’ social presence and overall brand strategy; learn new platforms & services as needed.
- Write professional opinion and research articles about the food space for the company blog.
- Source relevant deals and conduct outreach to drive application volume for our upcoming accelerator cohort.
- Conduct due diligence into potential investments & help write investment memos for chosen companies.
- Support accelerator startups with business needs, attend weekly strategy meetings and take thorough notes.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate university; underclassmen preferred.
- Strong “soft skills,” communication abilities (written and verbal) and design sense.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking style and friendly, collaborative and social personality.
- Interest in and passion for any/all of the following areas: plant-based/alternative protein, vegan/healthy eating, health & wellness, fighting global climate change, entrepreneurship and startups.
- Basic proficiency with social media platforms and scheduling tools. Ability to use Photoshop, Canva and other social asset-creation tools is a bonus.
- Previous social media/marketing or startup-related experience not required, but is a plus.
To Apply: Please submit your application here and our team will be in touch if it seems like a good fit! If you have any questions, please reach out to Kitty Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value your privacy and would never spam you