Peace of Meat is changing the way meat is produced and consumed for the benefit of the environment, human health and animal welfare. We are a B2B cultured meat supplier, solving all challenges to produce at a low cost at least 100,000 tons of cultured biomass per year. Our first product is cultured fat as a food ingredient.
Peace of Meat produces cultured fat as a taste ingredient for the food industry as an alternative to fat from unsustainable mass animal farming and destructive monocultures. Animal based fat is the secret ingredient to create a meaty taste and texture, and plant based products with Peace of Meat’s cultured fat inside will have a much higher chance to appeal to the end consumer.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are a young and fast-growing company, expanding the scientific team in Antwerp, Belgium and seeking to hire a passionate Cell Culture & Bioreactor Scientist to help advance our R&D from lab to pilot factory scale. We offer the opportunity to grow in a dynamic and result driven environment set on positively impacting our world.
- Technical support of bioreactor operations as part of our process development team.
- Execution of bench scale bioreactor processes and scale-up to larger bioreactor formats.
- Daily monitoring of cell cultures and keeping a thorough record of cell culture parameters and results in electronic format.
- Collect, analyze and interpret the experimental data and work with the team members on process optimization.
- Data integrity and accuracy.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Master or PhD degree in biological or chemical engineering, or a related science.
- Experience with aseptic techniques for vertebrate cell culture, cell culture in various lab-scale formats, small to intermediate scale bioreactors. Experience with vertebrate cell culture process development and with vertebrate cells in bioreactors (bench-top or larger scale).
- Good understanding of cell culture parameters in general (cell growth rate, cell density, viability, population doubling, metabolites and cellular waste products) and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies (cGLP and/or cGMP experience is a plus).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ethically driven personality, inspired by the opportunity to work toward a tastier, kinder and more sustainable future.
- Excellent English communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary including participation in our employee stock option plan
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing, ambitious cultured meat company
- Personal development in collaboration with experts in the field
- Work near the city center of lively Antwerp
To learn more about the position and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace of Meat is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a work environment free from discrimination and treat every POMer with dignity and respect. We seek to build a diverse team and encourage candidates from all backgrounds, orientations, gender identity, world views and of all age groups to apply.