Peace of Meat is changing the way meat is produced and consumed for the benefit of the environment, human health and animal welfare. We are a B2B cultured meat supplier, solving all challenges to produce at a low cost at least 100,000 tons of cultured biomass per year. Our first product is cultured fat as a food ingredient.
Peace of Meat produces cultured fat as a taste ingredient for the food industry as an alternative to fat from unsustainable mass animal farming and destructive monocultures. Animal based fat is the secret ingredient to create a meaty taste and texture, and plant based products with Peace of Meat’s cultured fat inside will have a much higher chance to appeal to the end consumer.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are a young and fast-growing company, expanding the scientific team in Antwerp, Belgium and seeking to hire a passionate Food Biotechnologist to work on the sensory aspect of cultured fat with a main focus on improving the flavor experience of hybrid meat products. We offer the opportunity to grow in a dynamic and result driven environment set on positively impacting our world.
- Design and execute lab experiments, make observations, and interpret findings
- Downstream processing to convert cultured biomass into a food ingredient
- Undertake wet lab flavor integration experiments
- Sensorial and analytical characterization of cultured fat, from sensorial tastings to GC-MS analysis
- Participate with management in the establishment partnerships/collaboration related to flavor creation
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Master or PhD degree in food chemistry, food science, or natural science with a strong affection for food
- Previous experience in flavor chemistry. Basic understanding of cellular systems is a big plus
- Experience with aseptic techniques and strong wet lab skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies (cGLP and/or cGMP experience is a plus)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ethically driven personality, inspired by the opportunity to work toward a tastier, kinder and more sustainable future.
- Excellent English communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing, ambitious cultured meat company
- Personal development in collaboration with experts in the field
- Work near the city center of lively Antwerp
To learn more about the position and to apply, please contact email@example.com.
Peace of Meat is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a work environment free from discrimination and treat every POMer with dignity and respect. We seek to build a diverse team and encourage candidates from all backgrounds, orientations, gender identity, world views and of all age groups to apply.