Europe’s first company building fish and seafood alternatives based on mushroom mycelium by leveraging the unique properties of solid-state fermented mycelium. This will help them produce their alternative-seafood products at price-parity and taste-parity to authentic seafood. To achieve this, the company is applying their biophysical expertise to the mycelium world.
Esencia Foods is developing alternatives to fish and seafood based on mushroom mycelium in a biotechnological fermentation process: Imagine a shrimp or salmon made out of mushrooms, that will look and taste exactly like a salmon. This is your opportunity to have an impact on our planet and experience a startup in its earliest days. www.esenciafoods.co
What to expect:
● Expect to be thrown at problems you will need to find solutions for. Act and work independently and responsibly, but get support in all areas you need.
● You will work directly with the two co-founders, a former M&A consultant and senior leader from a b2c unicorn and a PhD from Max-Planck Institute and cook.
● We guarantee fast, joint decisions, a steep learning curve through a high variability of tasks, access to a broad network, ongoing support after your internship and the opportunity to convert into a full-time role.
What you will experience:
● Working across all business functions (sales, marketing, operations, people, legal)
● Marketing: Build and execute our branding, sales marketing strategy from scratch (incl.customer interviews, working with marketing agencies, building a webshop, networking, launching and growing our linkedin and social media presence)
● Operations: Purchasing of key equipment, mapping of internal lab and production processes, identification of key partners for an international supply chain
● Strategy: Engage in strategic decisions and support funding through market research, business plan writing and public funding applications; and represent Esencia Foods at networking events and at business plan competitions
● People: Support recruiting and develop an onboarding and offboarding process
Which traits will help you on your path:
● Bachelor’s or Master’s student in business, economics, business engineering etc.
● First work experience in high-paced environments including consulting, startups etc. through internships or as a working student
● A track record of motivation to learn, getting stuff done, and being proactive, e.g. participating in university clubs or running side projects
● Handling a high degree of ownership and self-management; being a team player
● Willingness to travel (to meet in person despite remote setup)
● Fluency in English
Esencia Foods is equal opportunity employer. Eligibility to work within the EU is required.
Please apply with your CV and max 3 lines why you are a fit to email@example.com
Remote with occasional to regular meeting. Ideally, you are based in Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, or Barcelona