70% of all the birds in the world are chicken and other poultry birds. 60% of all the mammals are livestock animals. We spare a land as big as American continent to grow the crop to feed the animals which will eventually feed us in the shape of meat and dairy. 55% of blue water is consumed during the production of animal products. The greenhouse gas emission due to husbandry is as much as all planes, cars, trucks, ships emit combined. 80% of antibiotics is consumed in husbandry, which is the primary source of multidrug resistant bacteria. 75% of new human pathogens in the past 25 years have originated in animals. COVID 19 is an example to those zoonotic diseases.
We as team of “Biftek” aims to change the way we produce meat. We work hard to develop “clean meat” technology that has potential to leave the animals alone not domesticated but wild, in their own unharmed habitat. Now, we are looking for a teammate, who
• is as excited as we are in changing the way Homo sapiens interact with the nature,
• has background in biology/molecular biology or a related field,
• has experience in cell/tissue culture techniques,
• has experience in molecular biology techniques,
• is eager to learn and implement new methods,
• is creative,
• is ambitious,
• loves to read and discuss,
• is proficient in English.
• Holding MS and/or PhD degree in biology/molecular biology field is a plus.
• Knowledge in stem cell and developmental biology is a plus