Interested applicants to apply via this QPage link here, as applications for the role through our website will not be considered.
Do you want to improve the global food system? Are you excited by the opportunity to source, fund, and power world-class entrepreneurs as they work to positively impact the way humans produce and consume food? Do you have experience supporting founders at a startup accelerator? If this sounds like you, then the Program Director role at Big Idea Ventures is the perfect position for you.
Big Idea Ventures is expanding from the United States and Singapore to its third Alternative Protein Accelerator location this year in Paris, France. We are looking for a passionate and driven Program Director to join our team in driving this initiative. Although this is a senior role, we are open to considering strong candidates with relevant experience and background.
The Program Director will be responsible for the Paris office and will drive the hiring of the team.
- Co-Design, co-build and lead a world-class startup accelerator and team focused on adding real value to selected early stage food startups.
- Assist in the onboarding of mentors and speakers to the program
- Help evaluate the needs of startup founders in order to scale, advise and connect them with the necessary resources.
- Assess and monitor best practices in the accelerator and venture builder world to understand what is and isn’t working and ensure we’re pioneering a best-in-class program design.
- Track metrics associated with BIV’s portfolio of startup companies.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Represent BIV by attending events and being active in the local startup community
- A minimum of 1 year previous accelerator experience required
- Alternative protein or food industry experience is preferred
- Have an extensive professional network across Europe in the food industry
- Experience managing teams and projects with minimal supervision
- Able to speak French and English fluently preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the startup ecosystem, including an understanding of startup needs
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Proven record of operating effectively in a fast-paced environment