Gaia Foods is South East Asia’s first cultivated red meat company, aiming to provide meats that are clean and guilt-free for Asian consumers. They are using Stem Cells technology to produce meat that tastes and feels exactly like the meat that you love eating, without killing any animals in the process. Founded and led by Vinayaka Srinivas and Thanh Hung Nguyen, scientists by training with over 20+ years experience in Biological research, Gaia Foods is here to cater for the conscious consumer.
Address: Matrix @ Biopolis. 30 Biopolis Street, 138671, Singapore
Gaia foods is seeking passionate, independent and innovative research engineer specializing in animal cell culture media development, stem cell isolation and cell line development for red meat production. This position involves: primary cell isolation, reprogramming and also standardise differentiation protocols.
This is a laboratory-based position with opportunities for collaboration across various R&D groups. Due to the dynamic and collaborative environment of our organization, this role will require someone who can not only work individually, but also as part of a team.
• Based in Singapore
• Undergraduate or PhD holder in Life-science or Biological Sciences or related field
• Experience in mammalian cell culture, stem cell isolation and cell line development experience is preferred.
• Basic cell and molecular biology experience is a must.
• General lab handling techniques and procedure is essential
• Isolation, maintenance and development of mammalian cell.
• Characterisation of mammalian cells to establish their identity and proper handling of these cells.
• Molecular biology –DNA,RNA,proteinwork
• Generation of mammalian stem cell lines using non-integrating and natural selection methods.
• Planning, Designing and executing mammalian cell culture work to establish cell lines, formulation of media, recombinant protein production etc.
• Derivation of stem cells and iPS cell lines from mammalian including but not limited to Bovine, porcine and other mammals.
• Book keeping and documentation of all the work in precise details.
• Protocol development for differentiation and de-differentiation procedures.
• Identification and optimization of tools to characterize cell lines
• Maintain mammalian cells in culture medium including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling
• Engage with other team members to establish internal and external quality control tests and partners to align with regulations requirements
• Arrange regular meeting with team members to communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
• Training and help new jonnies and junior staff or associates
• Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing cell line development process
• Passionate about research to bring Cultured meat industry and developing cutting edge research to make the cultured meat to be launched around the world.
• Creative thinking and fast acting problem solving ability
• Passionate and highly enthusiastic research and this industry.
• Able to work both independently and as a team when there is a need.
Terms of employment:
The position is on full-time basis and candidates are compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to email@example.com
As we receive very high number of application, only most suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews.