Algrow Biosciences makes the most sustainable and nutritious dairy alternatives, with microalgae. Their technology tackles target molecules in microalgae linked to offnotes and green pigment. The “full stack” solution spans from proprietary strain, bioprocess design to formulation. Algrow’s dairy satiates and nourishes consumers with complete proteins, Omega-3, iron and other essential nutrients.
Location: Bangalore, India
Our mission: To bring the most abundant and efficient source of protein in the world –
microalgae to the forefront of food.
Algrow Biosciences: is an algae-first company solving the problem of sustainability and
nutrition by delivering great-tasting and nutritious products within the alternative dairy
space. We leverage the power of algae – the oldest and the most abundant source of
nutrition in the world to make this happen.
• Plan and execute research in the area of enzymology, biochemistry,
microbiology and organic chemistry.
• Design and conduct hands on experiments for enzyme assay development,
enzymes kinetics and enzymatic reaction optimization.
• Analyse data, interpret results, and communicate research outcomes through
technical reports and/or presentations; contribute actively in team meetings
• Day-to-day management of the research laboratory, performing experiments,
training and supervising staffs/interns/trainees.
• Participate in and/or manage any research project as and when required.
• Technology transfer at scale
We are looking for someone with:
• Masters or PhD in Enzyme Technology, Biotechnology, Organic chemistry, or
• Strong understanding of enzymology, reaction chemistry and analytical
• Hands-on experience in enzymatic reaction optimization, enzyme assay
development and enzyme kinetics study.
• Experience working with enzymes in food and flavour industry/ academia.
• Experience in bench-top/ pilot scale optimization for enzyme technology
transfer is a value addition.
• Experience with microalgae or cyanobacteria is a plus.
• Preferably a post doc or some industry experience.
• Enthusiasm to push the boundary of enzyme application in food.
• Strong curiosity towards science/innovation/invention.
• Collaborative and a team player ready to work in a start-up environment.
• Ability to think out of the box