If you are interested in this position, please apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Company:
We are an early stage cultivated meat biotech startup looking for a Scientist in Upstream Process Development and small scale bioreactors at our Pasadena, CA location. Driven by concerns around sustainability and animal welfare, we are developing cultivated meat technology for a healthy and ethical future of food. The founding team brings years of expertise from biopharma, synthetic biology and chemical engineering industries to the table. If you want to help pioneer a new scientific field, are thriving in finding solutions, and would like to work with a fun and innovative team – this is for you!
About The Role:
You have the unique opportunity to be part of Orbillion Bio R&D for cultivated meat. In this role you will work on the scale up of our various mammalian cell lines to bench scale and beyond.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establishing mammalian and avian cell line platforms, including isolation of stem cells and primary cells from tissues and inducing differentiation, cell characterization to small mammalian bioreactor testing.
- Designing and validating cellular and molecular quality control markers and pilot scale-up parameters towards cultivated meat production
Required Skills And Experience
- Extensive experience in cell-line development, characterization and selecting high-performance cell lines
- Extensive technical knowledge and successful industry experience with stable cell line development, upstream process development and scaling up to small scale bioreactors. ● Experience working with liquid handling robots
- Experience working with small scale bioreactor systems
- Strong expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Authorization to work in the US
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related engineering or life science discipline or 4+ years of relevant industry experience with a Master’s degree.