Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Senior Research Assistant to work on stem cells and cell line development for various seafood.
This is a laboratory-based position with opportunities for collaboration across various R&D groups. Due to the dynamic and collaborative environment of our organization, this role will require someone who can not only work individually, but also as part of a team.
- Based in Singapore
- Masters in Stem Cell Biology/Biological Sciences or related field
- At least 2 years stem cell, cell culture and cell line development experience
- Experience working with stem cells, iPSC, ESC is an advantage
- Isolate stem cells, primary cells and establishing cell lines
- Work with iPSC, ESC
- Establish stem cell and cell bank
- Screening of culture media optimal for cell growth
- Optimization of molecular tools for cell line characterization
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Purchase of lab consumables and reagents
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Comply to regulatory requirements and inspections
- Work independently, but also as part of a team
- Interest to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Be flexible to change and a fast-paced work environment
- Meticulous work and familiar with aseptic techniques
- Communicate effectively with in-house team
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.