Plant-based meat producer Phuture Foods plans to expand its reach to 1,000 locations in Malaysia this year, from 300 currently, by partnering more food service providers.
CEO Jack Yap said these locations include restaurants, food chains, convenience stores, hotels and resorts – across different segments of food service partners – as well as premium grocery stores, where Phuture products are retailed at RM19-RM26 for 400g.
“For restaurants, rather than providing them the products, we’re supplying them with total plant-based food solutions. That’s our forte. We work closely with food service partners, understanding their needs … from there we would design a solution that fit them. B2B (business-to-business) is our focus, it’s about finding the right partners,” he told SunBiz recently.
He explained that the company sets its sights on working with food service partners, like devising its high-fibre plant-based chicken chunks that can be served in coffee chains and inflight meals (in the future).
Yap is adamant in maintaining this B2B focus, as food service providers now make up 70% of its business, while the remaining 30% comes from retail.
Founded in 2018, Phuture manufactures plant-based products at its factory in Klang, Selangor. The Phuture plant proteins and fibres matrix mimics the texture and taste of meat with enhanced nutrition.
Read More HERE