Plant-based is here to stay. Now it’s time to look at what’s expected from the next generation of plant-based brands ?
In our first episode of The Feed, we’re joined by Big Idea Ventures founder Andrew Ive and Managing Director in Asia, Christian Cadeo.
Big Idea Ventures is a hybrid VC firm-slash-accelerator. In March last year, Big Idea launched their $50 million New Protein Fund, targeting seed-stage companies in the alternative protein space. Notable investments so far include:
- Uproot: Plant-based Milk
- Phuture: Plant-based mince
- Grounded Foods: Plant-based cheese
- Patch Organics: Pumpkin Seed Milk
- Plantkind: Plant-based condiments
- Pleese: Plant-based cheese
- Karana: Jackfruit aimed @ Asian market
- Revolution Gelato: Dairy free gelato
- Gourmey: Cell-based foie gras
- Black Sheep Foods: Plant-based lamb
In this episode, we explore the latest development in plant and cell-based alternatives, the consumer and entrepreneurial landscapes across the US and Asia, and the funding landscape for companies in this sector in a post-covid world.