Andrew Ive is the Managing General Partner at Big Idea Ventures a Venture Capital + Accelerator Fund undertaking deeper due diligence in rising seed & growth-stage companies by using acceleration to invest in top performers. New Protein Fund is their first fund & they have recently raise USD$50M+ to invest in plant-based foods & ingredients, and cell-based meats, to support entrepreneurs and grow compelling companies to change the world for the better. Pigs, Chickens, bats are known to be pathogen carriers & 80% of the global population consumes #nonveg Plant-Based & Culture Meat could re-define the #foodindustry and most importantly reduce the risk of these viruses #coronavirus jumping from animals to humans.
- Mimicking whitefish with plants: Meet the Icelandic start-up developing Arctic seafood alternatives
- Bright Biotech Closes Oversubscribed Round for “Game-Changing” Plant Chloroplast Technology
- Melibio’s Bee-Free Honey to Launch in Europe Next Year
- Hooked Foods Grows by 25% Month Over Month, is Inundated With Positive Reviews
- Breaking: Upside Foods Earns FDA GRAS Status for Its Cultivated Meat in ‘Watershed Moment’