With the rise of Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods, there’s so much hype around alternative protein and the environmental benefits it can potentially bring about. While it deserves to be a class of its own, many are still benchmarking it to traditional protein sources e.g. animal meat. As we envision a radically different consumption landscape in the future, how can we make alternative protein as (or more) tasty, nutritious and affordable? Will COVID-19 catalyse growth in this space?
- Jellatech lands $3.5m to produce collagen without having to ‘mine the animal’
- Bee-Free Honey MeliBio Wins Food Replacement Innovation Of The Year at AgTech Breakthrough Awards
- World Plant-Based Innovation Awards 2023: Shortlist announced
- Nutropy Won i-Lab Grand Prix
- Väcka’s Cheeses Launch at Carrefour Spain After Winning Plant Based Contest