VWS Pathfinder, a plant-based pitching competition exclusively for female founders, has revealed its finalists for 2022.
For the first time since the competition began in 2020, no US founders have made the top five. The finalists are:
- Jennifer Côté, co-founder and CTO of Canadian cell-based milk producer Opalia.
- Marilena Schmich, co-founder and CEO of German plant-based seafood brand numi foods.
- Sofia Giampaoli, founder and CEO of British alt-protein ingredient solutions platform Alt Atlas.
- Tasneem Karodia, co-founder of South African cultivated meat producer Mzansi Meat.
- Verónica García-Arteaga, co-founder and CTO of German vegan egg brand Neggst.
The founders will pitch live in front of an investor jury at an event next month, with the winner receiving a prize package worth $50,000 USD.
Read More on Vegconomist HERE